Color Me Birth Affirmation Banner
Birth affirmations are a great tool, and are useful for getting ready for a birth. With this coloring birth affirmation banner, you can personalize a set of affirmations to hang in your birth space.
The Color Me Birth Affirmation Banner is a set of 20 affirmation flags, with newly updated artwork that is ready to color! Flags are 5" x 7", have holes conveniently drilled at the top for hanging, and come with 2x 8ft lengths of jute twine. The Doula Kit version includes 4x 5ft lengths of jute twine instead of the 2x 8ft lengths, which allow for breaking the kit into 4 separate client gifts, or even a simple conversation starter. The coloring pictures were hand drawn, and the affirmations have been carefully selected, keeping in mind that not everyone has had a perfect birth experience in the past, and that some women have had traumatic experiences. Many of the affirmation are fairly open ended, allowing each mom to interpret them in a way that is most beneficial to her. (For example, "open, release" could be interpreted either physically or emotionally, depending on how the mom chooses to see it.)
Included Birth Affirmations:
- Breathe Baby Out
- Move Forward
- I count down from 5 to relax
- I am mentally and emotionally prepared to birth my baby
- I set myself free
- Go with the flow
- Ride the waves
- My body knows how to birth this baby
- She believed she could so she did
- Each surge brings me closer to meeting my baby
- Go within
- I feel confident in my ability to make educated decisions about my birth
- I am strong
- Trust the process
- My body will give birth in its own time
Ways to use this banner:
- Meditation time for mom, a chance to relax and personalize her own banner to hang in her birth space
- A way to include children in the arrival of a new baby
- A Blessingway activity for up to 20 people. People can sit around a table and chat while coloring flags.
- For Doulas, break the kit up into sets of 5 flags and use as an ice breaker or simple activity to do while having a client meeting. Choose "Doula Kit" when adding this to your cart and the kit will include 4x 5ft lengths of jute twine instead of the 2x 8ft lengths that are normally included.
This kit works great with colored pencils, crayons, pastels, markers, and watercolor pencils*! See Video Below!
Keep flags out of direct sunlight, as the card stock will fade in the sun over time. Hanging the flags in areas with high humidity (such as near a bathroom) may cause the flags to curl.
*Use a slightly damp paintbrush with the watercolor pencils for best results. Once cards are completely dry, place the cards in a heavy book for a day or two to help minimize the effects of warping.